HERSTMONCEUX GENERATING WORKS  by Nelson Kruschandl 1998

SITE INDEX   CATAMARAN HULL    SOLAR PANELS    ELECTRIC MOTORS    BATTERIES   CREW    EXPEDITION    SPONSORS  GOODIES

 

MAP OF HERSTMONCEUX SHOWING THE RELATIONSHIP 

BETWEEN HERSTMONCEUX VILLAGE & LIME PARK

  

The map above shows Gardner Street, the A271, which passes through the village west to east (left to right) to Lime Cross, a triangle junction seen center right.  The triangle at Lime Cross leads into Church Road (Chappel Row), seen in the photograph below.  Two footpaths are show in dot-dash form, converging at the top of a hill leading to the village cricket grounds.  Lime Park is in the lower left quarter.  The Old Steam House is adjacent to The Rectory (a nicely converted stable block).

 

 

 

Church Road proceeding to Lime Cross

 

 

 


 

 

Herstmonceux Electricity Generating Works Circa. 1900 - 1936   Links:

 

 

Introduction  |  Instructions  |  ISBN  |  Batteries  |  Boiler Room   |  Floor Plan  |  Ron Saunders

 

Industrial Revolution  |   Lime Park  |  Machinery  |  Map  |  Power House  |  Argus 1999

 

Public Supply  |  Roof Construction  |  Rural SupplySussex Express 1913  |  Conclusion

 

Archaeology South East   |   East Sussex CC  |  English HeritageSIAS  |  Sx Exp 1999

 

Memories of Herstmonceux by Margaret Pollard

 

 


 

 

 

This website is Copyright 1999 & 2005  NJK.   The bird logo and name Solar Navigator are trademarks. All rights reserved.  All other trademarks are hereby acknowledged.       Max Energy Limited is an environmental educational charity.

SOLAR CARS    SILVER-EAGLE    LIGHTNING-ROD    WHITE LIGHTNING     BUCKEYE BULLET     E=MOTION     BLUEBIRD ELECTRIC  3